Bye-bye curling iron, straightening iron, and hair dryer...
To keep calm? At 40 degrees in the shade, it's anything but easy. However, what helps (in addition to cool drinks, a cold footbath, and a break from the heat): Take your hair out of the back of your neck and put it up, because hair gives off additional heat that we really can't use at these temperatures. But for really cool hairstyles you need a hair dryer, straightening iron, and the like? think! There are great hairstyles that work without any heat and are therefore perfect for the warm season. You can find the 5 most beautiful (and at the same time easiest) trendy hairstyles to style here.
If we scroll through Instagram or TikTok, we have a 100% chance of encountering a hairstyle: the updo with bobby pins. No wonder, because this hairstyle really has everything that is trending in summer 2022: it exudes retro vibes (the XL clip was hip in the 90s and 00s), is super uncomplicated, and incredibly chic. And: You don't have to prepare your hair with a complex procedure, you can simply gather it at the nape of your neck at any time, twist it and you're done. The exact instructions for the trend hairstyle can be found below.
Updo with hair clip: This is how the trendy hairstyle for the summer works
1. Prepare hair: The hairstyle trend thrives on its imperfection. For more grip and volume you can put a little salt water spray on the lengths.
2. Tie a ponytail: Gather your hair into a ponytail at the nape of your neck and twist it. Flip the twisted hair up and then secure it with a large clip. Fashion professionals match the color of the clip with the outfit and thus create an extra stylish look.
3. Finish the hairstyle: Then you pluck a few strands out of the bun. Fix your hair with hairspray and you're done.
The only thing that promises us cooling off in the heat is a dip in the bathing pond or at least a cold shower. Only blow drying is really unreasonable at the temperatures. But air drying is out of the question for you because otherwise, your hair will stand out in all directions? Do we know? But there is a hairstyle that can help. The sleek bun is easy to style with wet hair, looks super chic, and is even the perfect hairstyle for the office. Our absolute go-to hairstyle for the summer of 2022, because it really doesn't take much time and immediately looks super serious.
Sleek Bun: This is how the trendy hairstyle for summer works
1. Prepare hair: Comb your hair well after washing and part in the middle or on the side.
2. Tie the bun: In the second step, you comb your hair back and tie it with a hair tie at the nape of your neck.
3. Finish the hairstyle: For extra good hold, you can use hair gel.
By the way: This hairstyle is also wonderful if your hair is already a little greasy (unfortunately this happens very quickly due to the heat), but you would like to delay your hair washing day a little longer.
Hailey Bieber is a fan, Kendall Jenner loves her, and Jennifer Lopez is already wearing the hairstyle trend for the summer: we are talking about baby braids, i.e. very thin braids that frame the face. This, too, is a trend from the '90s that is just bouncing back and taking our hearts (and minds) by storm. The styling range is huge: You can style baby braids like Jennifer Lopez in combination with a ballerina bun, like Hailey, with loose hair, or (our favorite) with two pigtails like influencer Rianne Meijer.
Baby braids: This is how the trendy hairstyle for summer works
1. Prepare your hair: Part in the middle and separate a finger-width strand from your top hair on the left and right. By the way, the look looks particularly cute later if you wear the front sections of your hair at chin length.
2. Braid baby braids: Now braid the two separate strands into tight braids and tie the ends with thin, preferably transparent hair ties.
3. Tie braids: Then divide your hair into two equal parts and tie them with a hair tie. Make sure that you don't pull the lengths all the way through the elastic at the end, so that the characteristic bunny ear look is created.
In the Stone Age, hair was used to keep us warm. They have (unfortunately) not lost this function to this day. And that makes things difficult for us, especially in summer. However, if permanent short cutting is not an option for you, then the next hairstyle could promise you a little cooling off, at least temporarily: The messy ballerina bun is the perfect hairstyle when you have to be quick in the morning - and it works even if you don't actually have a hand for hairstyles, because the messier the hairstyle, the better the look.
Messy ballerina bun: This is how the trendy hairstyle for summer works
1. Prepare your hair: You can put a little salt water spray in the lengths for the best grip. To do this, throw your hair down over your head and knead the spray in well.
2. Tie a Ponytail: If your hair is going over your head again, gather it and tie it in a high ponytail.
3. Forming a bun: Now twist the length and wrap it around the hair tie. Don't worry, it doesn't have to look accurate, it can be a little messy. Then secure the ends with bobby pins and pull a few strands out of the bun. You can also loosen up the hair a little on the top and bottom of your head. For a particularly trendy style, you can also pimp the messy bun with a scrunchie.
When it gets hot, the front strands of hair tend to stick unattractively to our foreheads. Sure, that's annoying. If you still don't want to put your hair up completely, there is a hairstyle that works everywhere and always and promises absolute cooling, at least in the forehead area. In addition, you can style them in two variants: with or without a scrunchie. Definitely one of our favorite hairstyles for summer.
Half-up, half-down: This is how the trendy hairstyle for the summer works
1. Prepare hair: This hairstyle also thrives on volume. Saltwater spray or volume foam provides grip and gives your hair body.
2. Tie a mini ponytail: Gather your top hair and tie it in a ponytail. Make sure that the braid sits relatively high on the top of the head to create a characteristic look. You can also attach the ponytail with a scrunchie for a bit more retro flair. If you want it to be less conspicuous, the hairstyle can also be achieved with a normal hair tie.